Why You Need to Automate Your Business
One of the nice things about running an online business is that so much of it can be automated. Think of all the tasks you have to do each day. Many are repetitive and tedious, wasting your time and energy. When you automate, those tasks take care of themselves and you can focus on more important things.
The Benefits of Automation
The main benefit of automation is that it speeds up and streamlines your work. When you get rid of time-draining tasks, you can focus on more important things. There are both routine tasks and ‘thinking’ tasks that require more concentration and critical analysis on your part. When you can put some of the routine tasks on autopilot, you can spend more time on the value-added tasks.
Automation eliminates human error. You’ve probably been up at the wee hours finishing tasks that need to be done and only half awake doing them. When tasks are completed by software programs and online services, these mistakes disappear.
Finally, automation is important because it allows you to scale your business. If you have an ecommerce store and you have to take each order manually, a sudden increase in business can overwhelm you. An automated sales system allows you to keep up.
Tasks You Can Automate
There are tools that allow you to automate nearly every aspect of your business. Once you start using them, you’ll be amazed at how easy it is and you’ll wonder how you ever got along without them. Common tasks that can be automated include:
- Website Creation. Automation allows you to set up websites quickly using templates and content management systems.
- SEO. A great deal of the everyday work of search engine optimization can be done through automation.
- Content Creation. Although content can’t be created solely through automation, there are tools to help you cut corners.
- Sales Funnel Management. Your sales funnel can be maintained and monitored through automation so that you can focus on analyzing and improving it.
- Email Marketing. Profitable email marketing isn’t possible without automation to manage your email lists and send out broadcast messages.
- Social Media. Dashboard tools and other programs help you easily manage multiple social media accounts.
- Analytics and Testing. Websites and marketing campaigns can be split tested and analyzed using various tools.
- Website Maintenance. Tools and programs help you protect and update your websites when they need it.
- Payments. Automation allows you to take payments and manage financial tasks so you don’t have to do it manually.
What Can’t Be Automated
There are some things that should never be automated. The main one is your marketing strategy. You need to be in charge of your long-term goals and the measures you take to achieve them. It all needs to be thought out by you.
Relationship building also can’t be done by machines. With social media and other online marketing channels, it’s as important as ever to be real with your customers. Automated responses and replies are off-putting.
Fundamentally, content creation should not be automated. It needs to be fresh and original. The same goes for content curation. There are software programs that find content for you but you should always look at the content yourself before sharing with your readers to make sure it’s relevant to them.
Of course, automated systems aren’t perfect. You need to learn how to use each tool for automation and this takes a bit of time upfront. However, the time you save in the long run makes it well worthwhile.